If/Then Fellows are talented female STEM professionals with an interest in inspiring the next generation of girls to appreciate science and consider pursuing STEM careers. Spanning the fields of science, technology, engineering, and math, If/Then Fellows represent a diversity of careers and pathways to those careers and will have the opportunity to engage in several empowering opportunities sponsored by Lyda Hill and partners.
In addition to being profiled on the LH Holdings Inc.’s web properties, all If/Then Fellows may have the opportunity to participate in the following opportunities listed below:
- Travel to Dallas or Colorado Springs to present to local STEM education partners
- Media training [with National Geographic’s Science Telling Workshop or Story Collider]
- Photoshoot for If/Then Asset Library of women in science photos in partnership with [Getty Images]
- Virtual correspondence with middle school students [using Google Hangouts or Nepris]
- Select media appearances and podcast interviews
- YouTube “Field Trip”, where a YouTube celebrity joins scientist in her place of work
- Access to Propper Daley, our If/Then content and production experts, to create a short video featuring her story and research
- Share work via social media channels leveraging the If/Then Social Media Style Guide
- Participate in script integration meetings and other entertainment community engagement
- Provide insight, guidance, and show support through participation in other initiative events such as an annual convening in Dallas, an If/Then book publication, and in long-form film content
Applicants must be women in careers that require an interest and/or ability in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and/or math. Recipients must demonstrate outstanding leadership in scientific medical research, conservation, or exploration-related projects and must be willing and able to presentably share their story and work. LH Holdings, Inc. manages a competitive application process, and not all requests for funding will be awarded.
$5,000/year and reimbursement of costs required to participate in the opportunities listed above.
If/Then Fellows will be required to complete a simple report of their annual activities, including a recap of participation in initiative events, a tabulation of number of middle school girls reached, and a documentation of lessons learned and recommendations for how to improve the initiative.
In 2018, applications will be received on a rolling basis. Application deadlines for the 2019 and 2020 cohorts will be announced in the fall of 2018.