Beware of Grant Scams
Please watch out for companies or individuals online or over the phone offering unsolicited grant information that claim to be from IF/THEN®, Lyda Hill Philanthropies, or Orange Capital Media. Unfortunately, grant scams using the names of foundations without authorization are becoming more common. We have recently become aware of potentially fraudulent activity involving purported grant opportunities from our office or foundation.
If you are unsure whether correspondence claiming to come from Lyda Hill Philanthropies is authentic, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This helps alerts us to the potentially fraudulent activity and allows us to take steps to investigate or mitigate the activity as we deem appropriate. Please note that we may not be able to respond to every request.
Please note that fraudulent communications can come in the form of email, social media sites, postal mail, fax, and phone calls purporting to be from Lyda Hill or Lyda Hill Philanthropies. These communications might look sophisticated and could include our logo, photos, links, or other information taken directly from our official web site, https://www.lydahillphilanthropies.org/.
Please be advised that our office and foundation do not:
- Award unsolicited grants or host internet lotteries or offer prizes of any kind through email, postal mail, telephone, fax, or in person;
- Request administrative or registration fees for awarding a grant or hosting a conference;
- Make unsolicited requests for information about bank accounts or other private information;
- Have memberships or request fees for memberships; or
- Offer investment opportunities.